Sunday 5 February 2017

A Day To Remember @ First Direct Arena | Leeds

Last weekend my boyfriend and I visited Leeds for the first time to see A Day To Remember at the First Direct Arena. We stayed for one night in a hotel, if you follow me on twitter you would have seen that the day itself was a bit of a disaster. I thought I would share my weekend with you.


We left quite early on the Saturday morning so by the time we arrived in Leeds we had some time to kill before check-in. We spend the morning wandering around the shopping centre, we also picked up some headphones that I had ordered.

Time went by pretty slowly but finally it was time to check into the hotel. We checked in painlessly and had a nice amount of time to relax before the concert. Unfortunately I then realised that I had forgot to bring the tickets with me, being the major worrier I am I started to stress a bit. Luckily Eventim are amazing and everything was sorted pretty quickly over the phone. All we had to do was pick up some duplicate tickets from the box office at the venue.

Before the concert we went for tea at Miller and Carter. I ordered some chicken wings to start and a chicken schnitzel for main, my boyfriend ordered the calamari and a steak burger. Purely by coincidence we ordered the exact same meal as the people on the table next to use, this made me laugh a little bit.

It was then time to head to the venue and my poor navigation skills ended up getting us lost on the way to the venue, multiple times! We had to call an uber to get us there otherwise we would have just been walking around aimlessly as Leeds is such a confusing city.

Finally we got the the arena and sat in what I though were the right seats. Unfortunately the disaster day struck again and we ended up being sat in the wrong seat which was quite embarrassing, we had to do the walk of shame to the slightly worse seats. The exact same thing happened to the people who were sat in our actual seats so I didn't feel as embarrassed, Leeds arena obviously needs to rethink their seating arrangement.

There were three support acts in total. Mooseblood were on first, the music was quite good but I just wish the band members were a little more enthusiastic. Neck Deep were on next and they were a lot more enthusiastic and more entertaining to watch. The final support was New Found Glory who were also pretty good.

During the interval we saw some guy nearly fall off the balcony which was a little bit scary. He was clearly a little bit out of it, luckily the people on the front row were able to pull him back over the barriers.

Finally A Day To Remember came on and they were absolutely amazing, as always there are a couple of songs that I wish they would have included on the setlist but I don't really have any complaints. They performed most of my favourite songs and I was able to sing along.

After the concert we walked back to the hotel and picked some snacks up along the way. We then went to sleep on possibly the comfiest bed I have every found in a hotel, unfortunately we were woken up at about 4am by some drunk people which was quite alarming as they were right outside our door.

The next morning we had a lot of time to kill before train home. We are quite cheap so we booked really late trains in order to get them for £6. We started the day with omelettes and orange juice of Yates which were really good. We then walked around Leeds for the rest of the day, we took some photos and the went into the museum where we ended up purchasing some of the overpriced stuffed toys for some entertainment. We then went for tea at Spoons and finally it was time to get on the train.

The whole day was a little bit of a mess and I was convinced that my brain had literally turned to mush as I just couldn't think straight at all. Aside from all the things that seemed to go wrong the weekend away was quite lovely and I really enjoyed my time in Leeds.

I hope you enjoyed this post!
-Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment