Sunday 26 March 2017

All Time Low @ The O2 Apollo | Manchester

On Thursday, 22/03/2017, my boyfriend and I attended our second concert of the year. We saw All Time Low at the O2 Apollo in Manchester. All Time Low were my favourite band a few years ago, as cliche as it sounds they were there for me when I was experiencing trouble with friends at age 14 so as you can probably appreciate I was pretty excited for this!


This was my first visit to this venue, I'm one step closer to being able to say I've visited every concert venue in Manchester! First impressions of the venue: It's massive! It is a Grade II listed building, with a capacity of 3,500It's among the biggest venues in Manchester, second only to the Manchester Arena. I'll be honest, from the outside the venue does appear to be in need of some TLC but inside the character really does shine and you get a real theatre feel. The venue features a permanently seated balcony and a downstairs that can be either seated or standing. The seats in the venue were rather comfy, a step up from the moth ridden ones found in Arenas! As it is an O2 venue those of us who are on the O2 network can make use of the priority queue which grants you with priority access, although for us this wasn't very useful as we were seated anyway, still pretty cool though! Whilst queuing we were also given a free copy of this months 'Rock Sound' magazine which helped kill some time in the queue.  

First support was an American pop punk band named Waterparks. I really enjoyed their set and I even knew one of their songs already, which is rare for me because I'm quite out of touch with new music (something I'm trying to work on). The second support was an American punk rock band names SWMRS. (pronounced like swimmers) These are not really my style but they were still very much enjoyed by the crowd. They were very excitable and genuinely looked like they were having the time of their life. Although they did get a little political in the middle of their set which was a bit strange.


All Time Low were amazing. It was everything I hoped for and more, I sang my little heart out to every song that I loved when I was 14 years old. As you would expect with an All Time Low show there were a fair few 'dirty' jokes made, nothing too raunchy though. The atmosphere as a whole was beautiful, from the chemistry between the band and between fans. They played a great balance between old songs and new songs which I was very grateful for. Listening to Alex sing Therapy live was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard, it gave me goosebumps! A final honorable mention must be given for the lighting team on this tour. The lights were INSANE and by far the best I've ever seen.

Overall I had the best time and I desperately wish I could go back and relive it all over again. Hopefully I will get to go to their next Manchester show!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post! These types of posts are my favourite to write so hopefully there will be more to come.
-Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment