Sunday 16 April 2017

Mask of Magnaminty | LUSH Review

Some of my favourite things to talk about and spend money on are skincare products. If you've read a few of my other posts you will know that I have suffered with acne prone skin for a few years now, I am constantly on the hunt for new products that might be able to help with my troublesome skin.

Don't mask those spots - Mask of Magnaminty them!


I picked up the Mask of Magnaminty from LUSH following a recommendation from a good friend of mine. I have the 125g pot which is available for £6.50, they also have a 315g and a 600g pot. This particular mask is also available in a self-preserving formula as well as the original formula for the same price. I personally prefer the self preserving masks, simply because when I'm at uni I don't want to fill the communal fridge with facemasks, I can just keep them in my room. Also I believe that the self-preserving masks have a longer life, this one in particular can be stored for 4 months which is perfect for me as I only really have a pamper session once a month. The original formula dries more thoroughly when applied, while the self preserved version has a higher honey content so is thicker and remains wet. Although this is not too much of an issue it is quite wet when on the skin, personally I prefer masks to be a little drier than this one.

A minty, multi-purpose mask with a mixture of gentle yet effective ingredients, including honey and kaolin, to help you maintain your magnificent skin.  You can also use this mask on both face and body!

Easily smoothed over the skin, this mask is made with peppermint oil to stimulate, marigold oil and chlorophyllin to treat the skin; evening primrose seeds and aduki beans to gently exfoliate as you wash it away. The mask is green in colour, it also contains particles that exfoliate the skin when you rinse the mask off.

The directions are relatively simple. Apply a generous layer over the face, avoiding the eyes. Leave on for five to ten minutes, then gently scrub off with warm water. I have used this mask a few times over the past couple of months. I tested it out again with my boyfriend earlier this week to get his opinion on it. Now... I can't confirm this myself but according to him the product also has a minty taste. I wouldn't advise anyone else to go around eating face masks but I assume they are safe to eat as they are made from all natural ingredients.

In his words; "it's like having a packet of Wrigley's Extra strapped to your face." Personally, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration but it is quite a strong scent. If you get the product to close to your eyes it can make them water due to the strong peppermint scent

This peppermint mask does everything it can to fight eruptions and outbreaks and return your skin to tip top condition. Tingles on problem areas which is encouraging as it shows that the product is actually working. Does feel a little bit itchy towards the end of the ten minutes. My skin genuinely did look a bit brighter after I used it and did feel smoother. It is rare that I am able to use any product containing peppermint as I find that they can irritate my sensitive skin but so far I have had no trouble with this one. Although there are some immediate effects I can't really comment on the long-term effects of using the mask as I change my skincare routine too often to put any changes down to one product alone. That being said it is one of my favourite face masks that LUSH do. I am quite keen to try the Cosmetic Warrior mask over summer when I have access to a bigger fridge!

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post.
-Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment